- 20,000 vacationers from Iran have traveled to Armenia
- A $100 million Iranian community center in San Jose. Santa Clara County, the third-largest population of Farsi speakers in U.S.A.
- Mayor Bogaard declares ” Norooz a Pasadena Tradition”
- Smithsonian’s Freer Norouz to accommodate about 1,000 people, but more than 7,000 people showed up.
- I save the entire year to spend for Nowruz
- For years, nobody had talked about Chaharshanbe Suri on state-run TV
- “burn away” a year’s worth of sin during the Chaharshanbeh Soori festival in Dubai
- So if London’s parks are full of picnicking Middle Eastern types (Hyde Park…) this evening, you will know what’s afoot.
- Hamilton Hotel in Itaewon, Seoul, to celebrate the coming of “Norouz” hosted by Iranian Embassy
» » » Continue reading Norouz News Reflections - Iranians in Armenia, USA, UK, Iran, Dubai, Seoul, and Canada
Saturday March 21, 2009 (Starting)
Wednesday April 1, 2009 (Ending)
Iran’s museums will play host to visitors during the Noruz holiday, which runs from March 21 to April 1.
» » » Continue reading Iran - Museums to welcome visitors during Noruz
On the occasion of the Iranian New Year the Supreme Leader of the Islamic Republic of Iran Ayatollah Sayyid Ali Khamenei issued a message on March 20, 2009. The following is the full text of this message:
» » » Continue reading Iran - Supreme Leader’s New Year Message
Republic of Azerbaijan Celebrates Four Tuesdays - Su Charshabnasi (water-Tuesday), Odlu Charshanba(fire-Tuesday),Torpag Charshanba (land-Tuesday) and Akhir Charshanba(final or wind-Tuesday).
» » » Continue reading Tehran - Chahar Shanbeh Suri Celebrations
Photo by: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mahyark/
Sideshows of Haji Firouz, Haft-sin, Chaharshanbe Suri, and Sizdah Bedar
Sideshows of Norouz in Tajikistan, Iran, Azerbaijan, Afghanistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, and Uzbekistan
» » » Continue reading Norouz Slideshows
Sunday March 15, 2009
Organized by the Ji-Tarhan group, the decorations are arranged to stress the venerable Persian traditions and help convey the true message of Noruz and love toward nature.
» » » Continue reading Tehran - Garden Art Museum to spread 88-meter Haft Seen
February 19-20, 2009
All the proceeds benefited Mahak, the charity for children with cancer in Tehran.
» » » Continue reading Tehran - Mahak charity holds Norouz Bazaar