- Prohibited but celebrated discreetly during its years as a Soviet republic, Novruz is now one of the most anticipated holidays to be openly marked in Azerbaijan.
- Novruz celebration in New York, representatives of the communities and diplomats attended the event.
- Exhibition organized by Russian Regional Society of Azerbaijani Women in Moscow (in the foyer of “Baki” cinema) on occasion of Novruz holiday
- Sheikh of all Caucasus congratulates Azerbaijani people on Novruz holiday
[…] the fact that Novruz transcends nationalities, cultures and religions is most remarkable. […] The fact that Shia Islam had adopted, nurtured and saved this great day, with all its traditions intact is most amazing. While Christianity had changed pagan holidays and made them their own, […] Islam could not and would not do that.
In Azerbaijan, a country with a Shi‘ite Muslim majority population, nine days holiday were declared instead of the normal five.
Representatives of the communities and diplomats attended the event, APA US bureau reports. Addressing the opening ceremony, chairwoman of the Azerbaijani Society of America Tomris Azeri spoke about the history of Novruz Holiday and its importance for the Turkic peoples. Azerbaijani ambassador to UN Agshin Mehdiyev noted that Novruz is the incoming of spring and symbol of unity and reconciliation. He wished peace and welfare to the Turkic world.
Exhibition was organized in the foyer of “Baki” cinema in Moscow on the occasion of Novruz holiday. APA’s Russia bureau reports that the exhibition was organized by Russian Regional Society of Azerbaijani Women. Eldar Guliyev highly appreciated the exhibition held in Russia on the eve of Novruz holiday.
Sheikh of all Caucasus and Caucasus Muslims Clerical Office chairman Allahshukur Pashazade congratulated Azerbaijani people on Novruz holiday.
“Wise Azerbaijani people will decide whether to make certain amendments to improve the Constitution on the eve of the Novruz Holiday.”
- Republic of Azerbaijan - Internatianal Novruz Festival
- Novruz News Reflections - Tajikistan and Turkmenistan
- Azerbaijan extends Novruz public Holidays to 9 days
- Azerbaijan - Nowruz 2009 in Baku
- Norouz News Reflections - Iranians in Armenia, USA, UK, Iran, Dubai, Seoul, and Canada
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.