- Prohibited but celebrated discreetly during its years as a Soviet republic, Novruz is now one of the most anticipated holidays to be openly marked in Azerbaijan.
- Novruz celebration in New York, representatives of the communities and diplomats attended the event.
- Exhibition organized by Russian Regional Society of Azerbaijani Women in Moscow (in the foyer of “Baki” cinema) on occasion of Novruz holiday
- Sheikh of all Caucasus congratulates Azerbaijani people on Novruz holiday
» » » Continue reading Novruz News Reflections - Republic of Azerbaijan
- Tajikistans’s Opera-Ballet (The Sadriddin Aini State Academic Opera and Ballet Theater) is scheduled to re-open in connection with the Novruz holiday, on the playbill is 1975 opera “Rudaki”.
- Turkmenistan concerts, theatrical shows, exhibitions and soirees are being held throughout the country.
- First female football championship kicks off in Turkmenistan on Nowruz.
» » » Continue reading Novruz News Reflections - Tajikistan and Turkmenistan
- 20,000 vacationers from Iran have traveled to Armenia
- A $100 million Iranian community center in San Jose. Santa Clara County, the third-largest population of Farsi speakers in U.S.A.
- Mayor Bogaard declares ” Norooz a Pasadena Tradition”
- Smithsonian’s Freer Norouz to accommodate about 1,000 people, but more than 7,000 people showed up.
- I save the entire year to spend for Nowruz
- For years, nobody had talked about Chaharshanbe Suri on state-run TV
- “burn away” a year’s worth of sin during the Chaharshanbeh Soori festival in Dubai
- So if London’s parks are full of picnicking Middle Eastern types (Hyde Park…) this evening, you will know what’s afoot.
- Hamilton Hotel in Itaewon, Seoul, to celebrate the coming of “Norouz” hosted by Iranian Embassy
» » » Continue reading Norouz News Reflections - Iranians in Armenia, USA, UK, Iran, Dubai, Seoul, and Canada
March 16 to March 22, 2009
Presentations, Folk Dance and Music, Novruz Tour, Novruz celebration
» » » Continue reading Republic of Azerbaijan - Internatianal Novruz Festival
The Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan announced that it had decided to switch working and non-working days, so that the non-working period corresponding to the upcoming Novruz public holidays extend from March 20 to 28, 2009, inclusively.
» » » Continue reading Azerbaijan extends Novruz public Holidays to 9 days
While there are many Norouz spelling variations in mostly Persian speaking countries, for example:
Norooz, Noruz, Noroz, Norouz, NoRuz , Nawroz, Naw-Rúz, Nowrooz, Nowruz , Newroz, Nauryz, Naurooz, Novruz, Navruz Navroze, Eid.
There are more than fifty more variations in Turkish world, see the following table…
» » » Continue reading In Turkish world, Nevruz is celebrated under more than 50 names