- The Kurdish and Turkish Community Centre hosted the 2nd Annual Newroz reception on Monday at the House of Commons.
- This year Kurds in London celebrated Newroz, Kurdish New Year, in famous Trafalgar Square. By Kurdish standards it was quite a restrained affair there were no Newroz fires, no fire works (casualties of health and safety obsessed Britain)
- Newroz Festivities in Diyarbakır Will Indicate Election Results
- One Festival, Two Celebrations: Novruz Highlights Political Tensions in Turkey
- Five-Day Newroz Celebrations in 66 Places
- Kurdish New Year events in Southern California
» » » Continue reading Newroz News Reflections - Kurdistan and Turkey
Saturday March 14, 2009
12pm - 6pm
Head to the centre of London for the first ever Newroz festival at Trafalgar Square in March 2009. Drawing on the traditional new year festivities as celebrated by Turks, Kurds, Iranians, Iraqis and other groups across the Middle East and Central Asia.
Newroz means new sun, or new day, and has marked the beginning of spring for hundreds of years.
» » » Continue reading London - Newroz Festival at Trafalgar Square