Deadline: Saturday, April 30, 2011
Tirgan 2011 invites graphic designers to submit their design to the Tirgan Magazine 2011 Cover Design Contest. Designs meeting the following specifications will be considered for further detailed review by the panel of judges;
• All entered work must have been produced between Mar 15 and April 30, 2011.
• All entry forms are completed and submitted online. There will be a registration form available online for registration submission.
• Submit only actual hard-copy versions of work. The final hard-copy of your artwork should be submit as a photo or laser colour printout. If you choose to also submit a digital version of your artwork please do so by submitting it online to the email address below.
• Digital photographs are only accepted for submissions in which hard-copy originals cannot be provided. Photographs should be saved as RGB (not CMYK) JPG format 8.5″ x 11″ at 300 DPI.
• All mailed-in pieces should be accompanied with a print out of the corresponding entry form.
• Entries and submissions cannot be returned once entered.
• Any entries must include a 250 word brief description in English or Persian.
• By submitting entries, you permit the Tirgan Festival to publish your entered work in print and online for related promotional purposes.
• All artwork will be judged by a panel of judges
Theme of 2011 Tirgan Festival: Visions of Eternity
Celebrating Past Heritage, Creating Future Heritage
Tirgan is about the legend of Arash, an ancient Iranian archer who lost his life by shooting an arrow that brought hope, peace, and prosperity to all. For thousands of years, Iranian children have listened to story of Arash and later passed it on to their own children. Arash is a legend, and as such, it is timeless. We do not know when it started, but for as long as Iranians remember, it has symbolized our collective hopes, aspirations, and dreams. It has inspired many artistic and literary creations in the past and present. It symbolizes an everlasting, eternal component of our being.
Mail or drop off entries in person to:
56 Forest Park Crescent
The amount of $300 will be granted to the winner of this competition. As well the winner’s work will be published as the Tirgan magazine’s cover and may be used online for other promotional purposes. The magazine will be printed in 10,000 copies and distributed amongst the visitors during the festival.
A selection from our Iranian/Canadian top artists and professionals will form the judging panel.
Details: Judging Criteria
Originality Do the methods, designs and strategies employed make this project unique and relevant to the theme of the festival?
Creativity Does this piece incorporate artistic and innovative methods and solutions?
Craftsmanship Is this piece beautifully crafted and executed? Does it adhere to the standard principles of design in such areas as layout, colour selection, print reproduction, photographic techniques and typography?
Effectiveness Does this piece successfully communicate its intended message?
Overall Experience Is this project a valuable and strategic piece of visual communication?