A festive day awaits at the fifth annual Nowruz celebration of the Persian New Year. This year, the daylong festival coincides with the United States debut of one of the world’s iconic objects from the ancient world, the Cyrus Cylinder.
The Nowruz celebration features entertaining programs for all ages, including:
- Haft Sin table displays
- “Fire” jumping
- Shahnama stories by Xanthe Gresham
- Performances by the Nomad Dancers
- Live Persian music by Mamek Khadem’s new ensemble [free tickets required]
- Recently digitized photographs of Iran by photographer Antoin Sevruguin (1840s–1933)
- ImaginAsia family activities
- Chess and backgammon games
- Traditional Persian food
The event is made possible by a generous grant from Jahangir and Eleanor Amuzegar.